Sunday 14 March 2010

Whole lotta love: Triple J -newsletter-Australian youth radio:)

triple j logoNew Australian music

Swimming in a sea of superb sounds
I can’t see my desk through all the beautiful album covers; 2010 has spoiled me rotten with so much amazing Aussie music.
Like the newie from Eddy Current Suppression Ring which is so raw and honest. I’ve also been digging the M-Phazes record, especially Drapht’s contribution ‘Where’s Elivs?’. It cracks me up every time. And I can’t wait to get my hands on ParadesFire! Santa Rosa, Fire!DanimalsGyroscope and John Butler Trio.
Looking at the amount of great Australian albums coming out this year fills me with a feeling that’s equal parts joy and terror. It’s exciting to see so many incredible records set for release, but I’m scared that I’ll be buried beneath them and no one will find me for days. Oh well. It’s a dirty job but someone’s gotta do it!
Dom Alessio – Home & Hosed – Monday to Thursday 9pm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails